Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"I'm bringin home a baby bumble bee, won't my mommy bee so proud of me...

Twice, I've posted accidentally to the IUAA Blog rather than my blog. This post is intentional! Amanda asked me to put my bee picture on the blog. I shot this at May's at the Fall Open House. For me, to shoot a bee is something akin to someone else shooting a bear. I am very allergic to bees and all stinging insects and carry my injector with me at all times. For me to get up close and personal to a bee like this really gets my adrenaline pumping! Who needs epinephrine?

Having said that, I would like to say that I'm so sorry I won't be in town for the next IUAA meeting because I so loved reading the Bee book. I read it years ago. My favorite part was all of the factual information that the reader gets at the beginning of each chapter. If only humans would run society like the little bee colony, we might all be better for it.

So do you know the old camp song that my title refers to?

No comments: